I love these! They look like Hostess Cakes but they're vegan, gluten free, are made with cookie dough!!!! sooooooo yummy!!
Yields 6 cupcakes if made with our packaged mix. 24 if you use the cake recipe link (note, if you use this recipe add 1/2 cup cookie dough to the batter instead of 1/8 cup).Cupcake Ingredients
1 pkg EatPastry Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix (or you can use your own recipe for chocolate cake, like this one here: http://eatpastry-eatpastry.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-best-devils-food-cake.html)
1/8 cup chocolate chip cookie dough
1/2 cup cookie dough or more for the filling *optional Chocolate Ganache
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
2 Tbsp coconut milk or cream
1 Tbsp Earth BalanceWhite Frosting
1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tsp or so of coconut milk (not much!)Directions
1. Prepare cupcakes by making the chocolate cake according to our package. Add the cookie dough into the mix and stir until incorporated.
2. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven for 15 min. (Option: Remove cupcakes from the oven and drop 1 Tbsp of chocolate chip cookie dough in the center of each cupcake. Return to oven and bake for another 5 minutes).
3. Remove cupcakes from oven and let cool in pan.
4. Make ganache by heating chocolate, cream and Earth Balance.
5. Let sit for about 15-20 minutes off the heat.
6. Make white decorating frosting by mixing the powdered sugar and milk in a bowl using a spoon. It's just to make squigily designs on the tops, so it doesn't have to taste like anything really.
7. Remove cupcakes from pan and top with chocolate ganache, using a teaspoon. Once coated nicely refrigerate for 15 min or so.
8. Put your white frosting into a piping bag with a small circular tip. Basically the smallest tip you have.
9. Remove cupcakes from fridge and decorate with the frosting! Store in the fridge.