I love anything with blackberries! I hope you enjoy these.
Tub of our cookie dough! Gluten free or Regular - up to you. We used gluten free chocolate chip
1 cup blackberries
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp flour (gluten free blend or regular if you are using our non-gluten free cookie dough)
1/2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon (not necessary, but recommended)
1. Combine all the pie filling ingredients into a small bowl and set aside.
2. Roll out the gluten free cookie dough with your hands or a rolling pin using a generous amount of flour (gluten free if you are are using gluten free cookie dough of course, and regular all purpose flour if not). Be sure not to roll the dough too thin or the filling will end up seeping out.
3. Cut dough into rounds/pieces and fill with about a teaspoon of the berry compote filling, trying not to over fill the pieces of dough. Then wrap the dough around the filling and roll into balls. You'll need a good amount of dough for this. Be patient and be confident that you can seal the suckers without the filling seeping out, because you can! You may need to squeeze the sides shut before rolling into the balls.
4. Bake for about 15sih minutes in a pre-heated 350F oven. Oven temperatures vary so it's likely the baking time will differ in your oven so just keep an eye out after 10 minutes. Golden brown cookies, means they are done.
5. Let cool on the pan before trying to move them. Once cooled, inhale. Just kidding, savor these little morsels. They are so good for the Fall season, which my favorite!
P.S. you may have some berry compote left over...if you heat and stir over medium heat in a saucepan it makes for a delicious snack or ice cream topping!