Yup, they're vegan - just like everything else we post.
And, they're amazing! I wish I'd made these as a kid!
1 tub chocolate chip cookie dough
2 cups flour
1/2 cup earth balance/butter replacement
1 tsp sea salt
pinch of nutmeg
1. Make the tart dough by combining the flour, salt and nutmeg, and cutting in the butter until it resemembles course sand. Add ice cold water, 2 Tbsp at atime and mix with a spoon or mixer on low until combine. Add more water as needed, you want a DRY dough. Too moist add more flour.
2. Roll out your dough on a heavily floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Use a pizza slicer to to into 4 inch rectangles.
3. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
4. Place a thin layer cookie dough on every other dough rectangle. Fold the free rectangles on top of the ones with dough and seal with a fork along the sides. Then cut of the ugly extra bits with your pizza slicer or knife so they look clean and pretty.
5. Bake on a sheet tray for about 30 min (crust will be a light golden brown). Let cool completely.
6. Coat with another layer of cookie dough and serve em up!