Uuuuughhhh, why are these so good?!!? Make them. That's all I can say.
Yields 6-8 slices
3-4 thick slices of toast, like Texas toast
1/2 cup cookie dough (Snickerdoodle is a great choice or Chocolate Chip)
1 cup flour
1/8 granulated sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)
1 cup coconut milk (or any milk alternative of your choosing)
olive and Earth Balance for cooking
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Heat olive oil with a little Earth Balance in a pan on low-medium heat.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a shallow bowl (like a pasta bowl).
3. Put milk and cookie dough in a separate shallow bowl.
4. Using your hands or a butter knife, smooth the cookie dough onto each slice of toast as you drench it in the milk.
5. Then put the piece of bread in the flour mixture. From there move to the pan to cook, turning up the heat to med-high. Cook on both sides until browned lightly (about 4 min on each side)
6. Repeat this for each piece of toast. You will need to add more oil and Earth Balance to the pan for each piece.
7. Put all the pieces of French toast on a cutting board and slice in halves so they become triangles.
8. Plate and dust with powdered sugar.