You may recognize the cake recipe our previous devil food's chocolate cake recipe.
It's very similar.
2 cups plain (all purpose) flour
1 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1¾ cups coconut milk
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups veggie oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp almond extract** optional
Gooey Cookie Dough Glaze:
1/2 cup peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough (or reg chocolate chip, up to you)
1/8 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup Califia Farms iced cold brew with almond milk
* you may need extra cookie dough to thicken
FIRST pre-heat the oven to 350F.
1. Mix the dry ingredients in one large bowl (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt)
2. In another, larger bowl combine the oil, sugar, coconut milk, and extracts.
3. Add the dry ingredient mixture into the larger bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir until all is combined.
4. Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake in your preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.
5. Let cake cool completely before removing from pan.
6. In the meantime, make our frosting. In a medium sauce pan melt the cookie dough, chocolate chips, almond milk on a low-med heat. You can raise it to get it going but be sure to stir constantly. If mixture is too runny add more cookie dough. If it's too thick, add more milk.
7. Remove cake from pan.
8. Pour frosting on top.
9. Serve and EAT.